Next Steps in Essential Digital Skills
Digital & IT
What is the course about?
This course will build upon your current knowledge and boost your digital skills. The course is designed to enable you to develop basic IT skills which may be needed for work or home. You will explore Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel, using specific tools to create documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
Why should I choose the course?
This is an ideal course for anyone who wants to build and develop basic digital skills and build confidence in a friendly environment.
What will I learn?
On the course you will:
- Create files and folders, identify online safety methods, and demonstrate how to take a print screen
- Create, send, and receive an email with attachments, and use a search engine for online shopping
- Explore Microsoft Word, inserting pictures, clip art, changing font size and styles, adding and changing colour, and creating a formal document using a variety of tools
- Create a presentation on Microsoft PowerPoint, inserting GIF and JPEG images, and using animation and transition tools
- Insert a graph and pie chart using the data from the excel spreadsheet, and colour coding the spreadsheet to match the charts.
If you would like more information on the learning outcomes, please email ACLenquiries@wvr.ac.uk
What will the course lead on to?
A wide range of accredited and non-accredited courses are available to you upon completing this course. Please contact our Learner Services Team to find out more information.
What support is available?
We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if required, as well as a Welfare Team that is on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help them during their time at college.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Click here for finance support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/financial-support
Why should I choose to study the course at Warrington & Vale Royal College?
Here at Warrington & Vale Royal College we have a team of dedicated, experienced staff who can share their extensive knowledge and skills with you. Learning in a friendly and inclusive environment, you will be fully supported to achieve your goals.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be over 19, have an interest in the subject area and be willing to partake in classroom activities and discussions, and to self-assess your weekly progress using an individual learning plan at the end of each session.
What are my funding options?
If you are in receipt of benefits or have a low income, you may be entitled to fee remission. For further information please contact Learner Services on 01925 494400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any additional costs associated with the course?
There are no additional costs associated with this course.
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs