Industry Placements & T Levels
Benefits to your organisation
- Extra resources for your team
- Play an important role and build your reputation within the community
- Access fresh ideas and perspectives
- Develop your existing employees’ leadership and mentoring skills
- Address national skills gaps by developing the skills of young people in your industry
- Access potential employees without any long-term or paid commitment.
Placements with Warrington & Vale Royal College
Placements are tailored to fit around your organisation's needs and they can vary in duration.
Our dedicated Industry Placement Team can match our students to you for either:
- Short industry experience placement
- Or an extended placement, totalling 315 hours (approximately 45 days).
Placements give young people a fantastic real life work experience and we strive to show them how exciting and rewarding a career in Contract Catering can be.
The feedback we’ve received has been equally as rewarding for us as a business too, as young people go back to college more enthusiastic and motivated, which is great to see.
From September 2023 Warrington & Vale Royal College will be offering T Levels in:
- Building Services for Construction: Electrotechnical Engineering Pathway
- Building Services for Construction: Plumbing & Heating Engineering Pathway
- Education & Childcare: Early Years Practitioner Pathway
- Health: Adult Nursing Pathway
- Onsite Construction: Bricklaying Pathway
- Onsite Construction: Carpentry & Joinery Pathway
T Levels are new two-year courses, developed in collaboration with employers and providers so that the course meets the needs of the industry and prepares you for the world of work.
Do I need to complete any health and safety checks?
Our Industry Placement Team conduct health and safety checks with employers prior to the placement commencing.
By law, employers are responsible for health and safety within the workplace. Any student on industry placement is treated as an employee, therefore employers are responsible for providing a safe working environment.
Do I need insurance?
An existing Employer Liability Insurance policy is sufficient for taking a student on industry placement. Our Industry Placement Team will require a copy of your insurance certificate prior to the placement commencing.
Do I have to pay a student on industry placement?
There is no requirement for employers to pay students who undertake an industry placement. The purpose of an industry placement is for students to have the opportunity to gain real-world experience, practical skills and develop their confidence.
I am unable to offer a placement but want to get involved, what else can I do?
If you are unable to provide a student with an industry placement but would like to partner with Warrington & Vale Royal College to help young people in your community, contact us on 01925 494 271 to discuss other ways we can work together.