Work With Us
Creating opportunity, changing lives
At Warrington & Vale Royal College we believe that people are our greatest asset.
We want to recruit, retain and engage the right people, who are able to move the organisation forward.
National Thank a Teacher Day 2022
We recently celebrated National Thank a Teacher Day where we presented some of our amazing staff members with a small gift, just to say "thank you" for all of their hard work.
Thank you to our entire team for their continuous dedication to the college!
- Competitive rates of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlement (32-42 days plus bank holidays & Christmas closure days. pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Occupational pension scheme
- Free flu jab
- Ample free parking on-campus
- Employee discounts package
- Childcare vouchers
- 24/7 Counselling Advice Service
- Staff development days
- Induction programme and buddy scheme
- Career development & career planning
- Focus on sustainability.
Our work environment and culture:
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Thank you scheme, acknowledging colleagues’ efforts and dedication
- Buddy scheme, assisting in the welcome and induction of new members of staff
- Health and Wellbeing Committee, committed to the health and well-being of staff and students, promoting a culture of open communication, trust, respect, encouragement and understanding
- Trained Mental Health First Aid Champions
- Annual staff enrichment day
- Staff forums, with representatives from each department, giving an opportunity for staff to engage with the management team through discussion and feedback
- Bi-annual Performance Management Review, including review of CPD plan and adjustments for health and well-being
- Cross college activities.
Mission & Values
Our Mission: Realising potential; transforming lives.
Our seven core values will guide our conduct and will be at the heart of every decision we make.
- We put our students and customers first - prioritising students and their learning and progress, realising their potential, delighting our customers.
- We recognise that people are our greatest asset - recruit and retain the most talented staff, investing in them to fulfil their potential, creating a wealth of opportunities for personal development and progression, creating a culture of co-prosperity, rewarding them for the work they do.
- We pursue excellence in all we do - a passion for high quality education, training and skills solutions, holding ourselves to the highest possible standards, meeting (and exceeding) targets, making improvements, valuing creativity, supporting digital innovation and pedagogy.
- We embrace change - looking forward to the future, embracing new technologies, anticipating and responding to ongoing economic and social needs and demands, maintaining a growth mind-set, exploring new routes to partnership, collaboration and growth.
- We collaborate and work in partnership with others - actively seeking opportunities to work with others in the best interests of the college community and key stakeholders.
- We operate sustainably, ethically and responsibly - taking action to achieve net zero carbon targets, acting with integrity, with high levels of accountability and complete transparency, treating others fairly and with respect, communicating clearly, concisely and openly.
- We are guided by the principles of sound financial stewardship and operational efficiency - ever-mindful of an increasingly risk-laden operational environment, the need for broader sensitivity analysis in budgeting and forecasting and the importance of mitigating risks that could affect the college’s solvency.
Investors in People
Warrington & Vale Royal College is proud to hold the Gold accreditation in the Investors in People framework.
The college has been assessed against the criteria of Leading, Supporting and Improving. The Gold award means that the college has the right principles in place, and our people and leaders demonstrate a commitment to best practice, people management and personal development. Only 16% of IIP accredited organisations achieve the gold standard.
‘A sophisticated and highly proactive organisation which consistently demonstrates passion for navigating the complexities of FE and being the best that it can be’ with ‘an exceptionally effective communications infrastructure which keeps people in the loop at every level, making them feel like an integral part of the college’
(IIP report March 2022)
Armed Forces Covenant
Warrington & Vale Royal College is committed to the Armed Forces Covenant, and holds the bronze award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS).
The college demonstrates this commitment by:
- Promoting that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation
- Supporting the employment of veterans and working with the Career Transition Partnership to support the employment of Service leavers
- Supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces
- Supporting and promoting national events
- Supporting Armed Forces charities.
Disability Confident Employer
Warrington & Vale Royal College is signed up to the government’s Disability Confident employer scheme, and as a Disability Confident Employer we are committed to:
- Inclusive and accessible recruitment
- Communicating vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria
- Providing reasonable adjustments
- Supporting existing employees.
The college is a member of the ManchesterAbility Employer Network. This is a cross organisational forum which brings government, companies and other organisations together to talk about the important issues surrounding disability and long-term health conditions in the workplace.
Equality & Diversity
In line with our Equality & Diversity Policy, it is essential for the college to achieve excellence through inclusion.
Staff and students must be able to flourish at the college and feel that any unfair disadvantage is eradicated.
Staff are encouraged to make us aware if they consider themselves to be disabled, or have difficulties at work, due to a physical or mental impairment. This enables us to assist and help staff, if necessary, in their work, and make any necessary reasonable adjustments.
Our Performance Management Reviews, which are conducted bi-annually, include a discussion with line managers on health and well-being, and any adjustments which need to be made for a disability.
The college has a Health and Well-being Committee, accompanied by a Health and Well-being Action Plan, and we work together to support and encourage the shared goal of positive well-being and a productive workplace.