Help with Careers
Your Career College
Our students benefit from the following:
- A stable and structured careers programme, available to view on our website, is part of the tutorial programme and is informed by feedback from students, parents and carers
- Access to high quality information, advice and guidance about future study options and labour market opportunities
- Support that meets your needs at a time in the year that is best for you
- The opportunity for 1:1 guidance meetings with a qualified Careers Adviser, that are impartial, confidential and up-to-date
- A range of activities to enable you to meet with employers and employees to learn about the world of work and to develop your employability skills
- Experiences of the work place through visits, work experience and opportunities to work to live employer briefs and take part in employer-led competitions
- A range of opportunities to meet future providers of higher education, apprenticeships and training
- The opportunity to experience how your subjects help you to gain entry to a wide range of occupations.
The Careers Programme
Our careers education programme is here to help boost your employability, and to show you a world of exciting future career opportunities as part of your course. We host events and activities with employers, universities and professional bodies to strengthen your employability skills.
Our Careers Programme meets Gatsby benchmarks and the Career Development Institute’s learning areas for careers, education, information and guidance.Careers Programme Calendar Gatsby Benchmarks Statement
You will find valuable labour market information and career options at the end of every course page on our website.
'Adviser of the Year 2023' awarded to Finn Byrne
Our Careers Leader, Fionnula (Finn), was recently awarded 'Teacher or Adviser of the Year' by Higher Horizons, in recognition of her hard work and dedication to her role.
She says: “It’s lovely to be recognised as Adviser of the Year by Higher Horizons and the Chester Hub. There is a lot of work that goes into the organisation of the ‘core programme’ to ensure it runs smoothly and that our level 3 students have access to the required information to make an informed decision about Higher Education.”Read more