Help with Careers
Your time at college is valuable. How you spend it will determine what direction you take following your time with us. Our Careers Team is here to help all students plan, make informed decisions and learn what is out there in the world of education, employment and training.
We provide a Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) service to all. We have been accredited with the Matrix Standard Award for Information, Advice and Guidance so you can be sure that the advice you receive in college is impartial and of a high standard.
Our students benefit from the following:
- A stable and structured careers programme which is available to view on our website, is part of your tutorial programme and seeks feedback from students, parents and carers
- Access to high quality information about future study options and labour market opportunities
- Support that meets your needs at a time in the year that is best for you
- The opportunity to experience how your subjects help you gain entry to a wide range of occupations
- A range of activities to enable you to meet with employers and learn about the world of work and to develop your employability skills
- Experiences of the work place
- A range of opportunities to meet future providers of higher education, apprenticeships and training
- The opportunity for 1:1 guidance meetings with a Careers Adviser, that are impartial, confidential and up-to-date.
The Careers Programme
Our careers education programme is here to help boost your employability, and to show you a world of exciting future career opportunities as part of your course.
We host events and activities with employers, universities and professional bodies to strengthen your employability skills. For more information on the Careers Programme calendar for 2021-2022, click the link below.
Choosing a Career – Labour Market Information
This is an important consideration when you are planning your future career, it helps you to understand where future growth is predicted to be - which means better employment opportunities. It also helps you to understand what kind of salaries can be expected in different sectors and for different jobs, this means you can make a realistic future career plan linked to what you want to achieve in your life.
You will find valuable labour market information and career options at the end of every course page on our website.
Meet the Careers Team
Services we offer:
- Career & course guidance
- Help with university applications
- Help with CVs & covering letters
- Interview techniques
- Advice on voluntary & part-time job opportunities.
Our Careers Team are based in Learner Services and they offer appointments as well as a drop-in service. They are available between 8.30am – 5.00pm on the following days:
Warrington campus: Monday – Friday
Winsford campus: Wednesday only
Evening appointments are available on request.
You can contact the team at email@example.com or by calling 01925 494 660.