Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship
What is the apprenticeship about?
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
Why should I choose this apprenticeship?
This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
What will I learn?
On the apprenticeship you will cover the following units;
- EYP 1: Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- EYP 2: Health and safety of babies and young children in the early years
- EYP 3: Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years Settings
- EYP 4: Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early
- Years Settings
- EYP 5: Understand how to support children’s development
- EYP 6: Support care routines for babies and young children
- EYP 7: Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- EYP 8: Promote play in an Early Years Setting
- EYP 9: Support well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles
- EYP 10: Support babies and young children to be physically active
- EYP 11: Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- EYP 12: Promote positive behaviour in Early Years Settings
- EYP 13: Partnership working in the early years
- EYP 14: Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
How is the apprenticeship delivered?
The apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months, and you will be fully supported by the college every step of the way. During your apprenticeship you will attend college one day per week, with the other four days spent with your employer. As an apprentice you will be allocated a tutor and an assessor, who will come out to visit you onsite.
What will the apprenticeship lead on to?
This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner across the Early Years Workforce.
Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:
- Nursery Practitioner
- Classroom Assistant
- Pre-school Practitioner.
What support is available?
You will be allocated a designated apprenticeship coach to guide you through your apprenticeship. We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if required, as well as a Welfare Team that is on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Why should I choose to study this apprenticeship with Warrington & Vale Royal College?
Warrington & Vale Royal College has a long history of delivering bespoke, high-quality apprenticeships across a wide range of sectors. We take pride in our apprentices and ensure they leave us with the skills they need to forge a career in their chosen industry. We work with all manner of employers to ensure all parties’ interests are met throughout the apprenticeship journey. We also have a dedicated apprenticeship matching service which matches your skills to a suitable apprenticeship employer.
What are the entry requirements?
Entry requirements for this apprenticeship programme are GCSE grades 9-4, or level 2 functional skills qualifications in English and maths. We will consider those who need to resit either their English or maths qualification, however those that need to resit both will not meet the entry requirements for this apprenticeship programme.
If you are required to resit either English or maths, you will be invited to undertake an initial assessment. If deemed suitable, you must be willing to achieve your level 2 English/maths qualification before the end of the apprenticeship programme as part of your study.
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs