Level 5 Psychodynamic Counselling
What is the course about?
This qualification is for counsellors who have acquired the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling or its equivalent. Practitioners will enhance their knowledge and skills of counselling and psychotherapy at depth while developing their own understanding of psychodynamic theory and their philosophy of practice. This course is also for counsellors to practice as a senior counsellor within and agency.
this course will help prepare practitioners working towards accreditation with BACP or UKCP
Why should I choose the course?
This course is based on the CPCAB model. Over the last 23 years more than 150,000 counselling and helping students have trained on courses based on the CPCAB model.
The model integrates key contemporary research from both the counselling field and from other disciplines. It focuses on psychodynamic approach enabling counsellors to work at a deeper historical level with their clients. It also aims to be as student-friendly as possible, whilst still describing the complexity of helping work and counselling practice.
What will I learn?
On the Level 5 Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling you will study:
- Working safely, legally and ethically as an independent counsellor
- Working with complex aspects of the counselling relationship
- Using theory and research to work with client diversity in independent practice
- Using a coherent approach to respond to the needs of individual clients
- Working with self-awareness as an independent practitioner
- Using theory, research and skills within a coherent framework for independent counselling practice
- Monitoring and maintaining professional effectiveness as a counsellor in independent practice
In addition, you will also complete a distance learning course: Mental Health First Aid & Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace. This is free of charge and will enhance and support your Counselling qualification.
What will the course lead on to?
Successful completion of this qualification can lead to a range of progression options including the following:
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 6 Counselling Supervision
Are there any links with industry and university?
This qualification is designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and competencies to work as psychotherapist working with complex client needs. It also equips learners to take on a senior counselling role in an organisational context where client assessment, referral and routine evaluation are part of the role
What support is available?
We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if required, as well as a Welfare Team that is on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help them during their time at college.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Click here for finance support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/financial-support
Why should I choose to study the course at Warrington & Vale Royal College?
The college offers a range of flexible learning opportunities to students. Professional qualifications are delivered within our specialist Business School and are supported through digital virtual learning environments and digital learning tools. Our tutors are highly experienced and skilled in their specialist professional sectors and enhance the courses they teach on with their excellent industry links.
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must have obtained the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and:
- provide references
- be academically and emotionally able to cope with level 5 training
- have access to a minimum of 60 hours formally contracted counselling work
- be a member of a professional association for counselling or psychotherapy
- access either group or one to one supervision to meet BACP minimum requirements
What are my funding options?
For further information about funding, please contact our Learner Services Team on 01925 494400 or email@example.com.
Are there any additional costs associated with the course?
Additional costs may be incurred for the following:
- accessing either group or one to one supervision
- becoming a member of a professional association for counselling or psychotherapy
Please complete this form if you would like any other information about this course
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs