When you become a student at Warrington & Vale Royal College, you’ll be starting a brand new journey towards the new you, so what better time to get involved, try new things and make new friends for life. You could even boost your chances of employment, gain a qualification or undertake activities which will look fantastic on your CV or UCAS application. There’s always something you can get involved with going on around our campuses.
Here’s a taster of some of the exciting things you can look forward to:
- Fundraising activities throughout the year including the Poppy Appeal and Children in Need
- Sporting activities such as girls and boys football teams
- Outdoor activities ranging from high ropes to day walks
- Residential or day trips that form part of your course
- Volunteering opportunities to hep you develop personal and employability skills
- Overseas visits to near and far helping you to get a feel for your chosen career in new environments whilst learning about new cultures.
- Student Council contribute your ideas and help with important decisions around the college
- Themed events raise awareness of different events and causes. These have included coffee mornings, dress down days and fun runs.
If ever you need a break from studying, there are places to relax at all our campuses or you could join us for a quick game of table tennis between lessons or challenge your friends on the latest games console. We hope that all of the activities we run will enable you to socialise outside of your classes and help you to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Activities take place all year round and are designed to help you with your studies whilst allowing you to have fun and feel relaxed.
We also allow all students free access to our on-site gym and fitness suite. You will need to take part in a gym induction first, please speak to a gym instructor or further information. We always welcome new suggestions from our students for how we can further enhance your college experience.