The Importance of Online Safety
Digital & IT
What is the course about?
This qualification is aimed at anyone looking to develop their knowledge of the importance of online safety. During the course you will cover the scope and risks of online safety and how to minimise these risks, the influence of social media and how to use social media safely (including social media settings) and recognising and responding to changes in behaviour indicating unsafe online behaviour.
Why should I choose the course?
Benefits against other Importance of online safety courses:
You can learn from your own home, in your own time
You get access to award-winning learning and assessment materials.
What will I learn?
Section 1: The scope and risks of online activity
- Positive uses of the internet
- The surface web, deep web, and dark web
- The risks of negative online activity
- Why individuals may be vulnerable online
- Possible outcomes of unsafe online activities.
Section 2: How online risks can be minimised
- How potentially unsafe/illegal activity can be prevented
- Examples of what may be included in policies relating to internet use
- Individuals’ personal internet use at home
- Parental controls.
Section 3: The influence of social media
- Social media usage
- Social media and radicalisation
- Use of social media for propaganda.
Section 4: How to promote the safe use of social media
- Safe social media settings
- Recommendations for use of personal information.
Section 5: How to recognise and respond to changes in behaviour indicating unsafe online behaviour
- Inappropriate uses of internet
- Signs that an individual is using the internet inappropriately
- Changes in behaviour that indicate online abuse
- How individuals can be supported to change online behaviour.
What will the course lead on to?
The college offers a wide range of other CPD courses. For further information, please refer to the website or contact our Learner Services Team on 01925 494400.
Are there any links with industry and university?
All modules will be linked to generic business needs as well as personal development needs.
What support is available?
We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if required, as well as a Welfare Team that is on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help them during their time at college.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Click here for finance support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/financial-support
Why should I choose to study the course at Warrington & Vale Royal College?
Warrington & Vale Royal College has been rated as a good college in the latest Ofsted inspection. It has an excellent reputation for vocational courses and responds to specific business needs when requested. The tutors at Warrington & Vale Royal College are highly experienced in their fields and have a great deal of industry knowledge to impart. Our distance learning courses are delivered entirely online, allowing you to benefit from expert teaching in the comfort of your own home.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements, but you should have access to and be able to use online learning platforms and be able to cope with level 2 literacy.
Are there any additional costs associated with the course?
There are no specific extra costs apart from access to IT and the internet, as well as any books/stationery you wish to purchase yourself.
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs