Serve up Success: Employability and Confidence Course at Novel Bite Cafe
Skills for Independence, Life & Work
What is the course about?
‘Serve up Success’ is a unique and engaging course specifically designed for unemployed adults seeking to increase their confidence, enhance their skill set, and improve their employability.
Why should I choose the course?
This course is set in the Novel Bite Café based in Winsford Library and provides a comfortable, friendly and practical setting for you to learn and grow whilst fostering a sense of community. The course provides you with the opportunity to experience and be reintroduced to the world of work gaining relevant and up to date references from a reliable and recognised source. If you want to give yourself a confidence boost, maybe get out of a rut, learn new skills and meet new people then this is the course for you!
What will I learn?
The course aims to:
- Build confidence – enhance self-esteem, communication skills and self-assurance through interactive activities and supportive group work.
- Develop workplace skills – acquire practical skills and knowledge necessary for success in various café related/food industry roles such as customer service, food preparation and team collaboration and a wide variety of job roles across a range of sectors outside of the food industry.
- Expand employability – gain transferrable skills, including problem solving, time management and multi-tasking that can be applied to a range of industries and employment opportunities.
- Promote personal growth – encourage personal development, confidence, resilience and adaptability to effectively navigate career challenges and changes.
- Foster networking and connections – facilitate networking opportunities with customers, local businesses and explore potential job prospects.
What will the course lead on to?
‘Serve up Success’ may lead to accredited courses and/or employment.
What support is available?
You will be allocated a Progress Coach in addition we can offer the following if applicable;
- 1:1 in class support
- Lunchtime and breaktime supervision
- Meet & greet on entering and leaving the college
- Mobility support
- Exam access arrangements
- Orientation Modification of learning materials
- Specialist resources
We also have a welfare team that are on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help you during their time at college.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Click here for finance support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/financial-support
Why should I choose to study the course at Warrington & Vale Royal College?
A team of dedicated and experienced staff are at the ready to guide your through this great opportunity. There is nothing else like this on offer in your local area. Come and be a part of this exciting new venture and see where it can take you.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
What are my funding options?
For information on funding contact Learner Services on 01925 494400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any additional costs associated with the course?
We ask that you wear plain black t-shirt and black or blue jeans with comfortable shoes/trainers. Aprons and caps are provided and you will be expected to launder and bring them with you on your café day.
Lunch can be purchased at a discounted rate or bring along a packed lunch.
Please complete this form if you would like any other information about this course
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs