Next Steps in French
Languages & Communication
What is the course about?
This course is aimed at adults aged 19 and over that would like to learn how to speak French.
What will I learn?
This course will develop and practise basic French reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
The areas covered will include:
- What do you like? Likes and dislikes. Personal details. Opinions.
- Do you want to go out? Inviting people. Explaining problems. Future plans.
- Transport: Buying transport tickets. Understanding station announcements.
- The weather: Describing the seasons. Weather forecasts. Phone requests.
- Are you ok? Parts of the body. Describing symptoms. Giving advice.
You will be informally assessed by the tutor, you will also self-assess your weekly progress using an individual learning plan
(if you would like more information on the learning outcomes please email ACLenquiries@wvr.ac.uk
What will the course lead on to?
ACL Advanced French
What are the entry requirements?
To have an interest in the subject area. Be willing to partake in classroom activities and discussions and to self-assess your weekly progress using an individual learning plan at the end of each session. No previous qualifications are needed to enrol on this course.
What are my funding options?
If you are in receipt of benefits you may be entitled to fee remission. All students. For information on funding please contact Learner Services on 01925 494400 or email email@example.com
Monday 23 May 2022
08:30 - 17:00
Warrington & Winsford campuses
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs