Introduction to French
Languages & Communication
What is the course about?
This course is for anyone that would like to learn how to speak French. It is aimed at complete beginners and/or learners with a very basic knowledge of French.
What will I learn?
This course will develop and practise basic French reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.The areas covered will include:
- Who are you? Meeting and greeting people, jobs and professions, nationalities
- At the restaurant: food and drink, ordering in a restaurant, making friends
- In the city: asking and saying where places are, distances, directions
- How is it? Describing places., saying what something is like, booking into a hotel
- Shopping: types of shops, what you can buy, weights and measures
You will be informally assessed by the tutor, you will also self-assess your weekly progress using an individual learning plan.
What will the course lead on to?
We offer a huge variety of part-time adult courses to help you upskill, secure that promotion, get to university, or even meet new friends. From higher education and professional courses, to leisure courses, we will have something for you.
What support is available?
We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if it is required and a welfare team that are on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help them during their time at college. For further information on student support please visit: www.wvr.ac.uk/college-life/student-support
What are the entry requirements?
No previous qualifications are needed to enrol on this course.
Monday 23 May 2022
08:30 - 17:00
Warrington & Winsford campuses
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs