Digital Marketing Masterclass
Business & Professional
Adult Further Education
What is the course about?
The two-day master class course is designed and developed for those who either want to retrain and upskill in Digital Marketing, business owners, entrepreneurs, bloggers or individuals who are keen to develop their existing skills.
This course will enable you to apply different marketing strategies, improve brand identity, grow your brand’s audience, increase conversion and sales, and improve your social media marketing. This masterclass has been designed and developed by industry experts to provide you with cutting-edge knowledge and expertise.
Why should I choose the course?
According to LinkedIn, the Digital Marketing Specialist role is among the top 10 most in-demand jobs, with 860,000 job openings. The most requested experience in digital marketing includes social media, content strategy, SEO, analytics, and more. With so many jobs and not enough professionals to fill them, now is the perfect time to get started or advance a Digital Marketing career.
The course is for individuals who wish to pursue a career in the world of digital marketing or are wishing to upskill the knowledge they already have. The course is informative and engaging, with a sharing of best practice and tips and tricks of the trade. These skills are transferable into industry and are desired in the ever-changing digital world.
What will I learn?
Key Topics Include:
- Understanding about the importance of Brand Identity and Brand Persona when creating a marketing strategy.
- Looking into the psychology of colour linked to branding and whether the image created matches the hidden message that is being portrayed.
- Knowing who the target audience is and how to apply audience segmentation, in relation to products and services and linking into social media strategy.
Social Media and Content Strategy:
- Understanding Content Strategy, for all platforms.
- Planning Social Media Content, Scheduling Content, important for time management.
- Managing Campaign Strategy; long term/ short-term marketing campaigns, including Email Marketing Campaigns.
- How to deal with complaints online and manage both the customer and organisation expectations and the art of digital etiquette
- How to use social media for Business.
- To gain knowledge of tools and technologies that will support you in your daily digital marketing tasks.
- Understanding the basics in keyword research.
- Understanding the fundamentals of SEO.
- Learning how to create link building and back links to drive traffic to your website.
- Learn how to optimise webpages for search engines.
- To gain an insight into data collection and interpreting metrics and data, to create reports as to why a campaign has been successful/unsuccessful.
- To interpret the data from your backend website and create various report to determine Audience, Acquisition & Behaviour
What will the course lead on to?
Successful completion of this course can support business growth or start up. It will allow those already in a related role to upskill and support career progression, and it will also help those looking to enter the Digital Marketing sector to secure employment or self-employment. Learners who successfully complete the course may wish to progress onto a more formalised qualification in Digital Marketing (at level 3 or 4) or enrol onto a Digital Marketing based apprenticeship.
From completing, this course, the typical employment / freelance roles may include;
Digital Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Campaign Executive, Social Media Executive, Content Co-ordinator, Email Marketing Assistant, SEO Executive, Analytics Executive, Digital Marketing Technologist.
Are there any links with industry and university?
The college works with a wide range of employers across a multitude of sectors. This includes Creative & Digital companies as well as companies from Construction & Engineering, Health & Social Care, Finance & Professional Services, Sport & Travel, Hospitality and Hair & Beauty – all of whom have digital marketing requirements. The Advanced Creative & Digital Skills Centre is proud to work with a wide range of local and national employers including Liverpool Empire Theatre, Apple, Draw & Code, Vizbox and 10:10 Games, who will help to shape the programmes we deliver and provide opportunities for learners such as employer-set projects, competitions, work placement and talent spotting for job openings.
What support is available?
We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if required, as well as a Welfare Team that is on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help them during their time at college.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Click here for finance support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/financial-support
Why should I choose to study the course at Warrington & Vale Royal College?
You will be studying in the Advanced Creative & Digital Skills (ACDS) Centre which is an employer-led, dynamic and innovative area. Staff are passionate about skills development and working with employers to create new pipelines of talent. You will receive expert teaching from industry specialists, supported by employers to ensure that you are at the forefront of the digital industry. You will be exposed to a number of opportunities that will introduce you to the new skills that are desperately needed in industry.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements, however, the course is aimed at those who are either already employed in a related role or who have some basic experience in marketing and/or social media content creation and wish to progress in their careers. Suitable candidates should have literacy/English skills at level 2/grade 4 or above.
Are there any additional costs associated with the course?
There are no additional costs associated with the course.
Please complete this form if you would like any other information about this course
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs