Digital Basics - Introduction to Using Social Media
Digital & IT
What is the course about?
This course will provide you with an understanding of the skills needed to use different social media platforms on your IOS or Android device.
Why should I choose the course?
This is an ideal course for those who want to understand social media and gain skills on how to use it, whilst also building confidence in a friendly environment.
What will I learn?
On this course you will:
- Explore Facebook - friends search, adding and removing, posting content including text/photos/videos, story posting, exploring Facebook marketplace and how to buy/sell, joining groups, security including blocking and reporting.
- Explore Instagram - friends search, adding and removing, posting content including text/photos/videos, IGTV and Reels, filters, hashtags, story posting, security including blocking and reporting.
- Explore TikTok - friends search, adding and removing, posting content including text/photos/videos, filters, hashtags, security including blocking and reporting.
- Explore WhatsApp - adding and removing contacts, blocking contacts, sending/receiving messages, sending/receiving videos/photos, storing media, sending GIFS and Emojis, sending website links.
If you would like more information on the learning outcomes, please email ACLenquiries@wvr.ac.uk
What will the course lead on to?
You may want to consider studying one of our other digital skills courses, for example:
- Digital Basics – Getting the Most from your Device
- Digital basics – Staying Safe Online
- Digital basics – Telephone Digital Media
Introduction to Essential Digital Skills course.
What support is available?
We have a team of staff dedicated to providing learning support if required, as well as a Welfare Team that is on hand to offer guidance, support and help when needed. Additionally, eligible students can access a wide range of finance and funding support to help them during their time at college.
Click here for learning support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/learning-support
Click here for finance support: https://wvr.ac.uk/college-life/financial-support
Why should I choose to study the course at Warrington & Vale Royal College?
Here at Warrington & Vale Royal College we have a team of dedicated, experienced staff who can share their extensive knowledge and skills with you. Learning in a friendly and inclusive environment, you will be fully supported to achieve your goals.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be over 19, have an interest in the subject area and be willing to partake in classroom activities and discussions and to self-assess your weekly progress using an individual learning plan at the end of each session.
What are my funding options?
If you are in receipt of benefits or a low income you may be entitled to fee remission. For information on funding please contact our Learner Services Team on 01925 494400 or email email@example.com
Are there any additional costs associated with the course?
There are no additional costs associated with this course. You will need bring your own device to the course each week.
Other similar courses
These courses may be more suited to your interests or needs