Post: SYSTEMS SUPPORT AND DATA ANALYST APPRENTICE
Salary: £18,080 – £20,299
Hours: Full time, 37 hours
Ref No: J3/22
Contract: Fixed term for 25 months
Closing Date: 23 January 2022
Interview Date: 31 January 2022
Warrington & Vale Royal College is seeking to appoint a full time Systems Support and Data Analyst Apprentice. This is a varied position in which you will be working on multiple complex systems and actively participating in all stages of development, including analysis, design, test, implementation and support.
Working closely with the Systems Development Manager you will:
- Assist in the configuration and ongoing support of essential business systems ensuring that the applications are used to their best effect.
- Interrogate databases and produce SQL queries to solve business problems
- Respond to ad hoc queries
- Develop reports in SSRS and Power BI to help the college understand and measure performance indicators
- Provide technical advice and support to internal end users
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Occupational pension scheme
- Employee benefits package
- Free on-site parking
- Full programme of training and mentoring
- Induction programme and buddy scheme
- Flexible working, where appropriate
- Focus on sustainability
In October 2019 the College was officially commended as ‘Good’ by Ofsted, and we celebrated some of the highest pass rates in England, ranking us in the top 10 nationally for the third consecutive year. Our mission is ‘Realising potential, transforming lives’. Our environment is inclusive, friendly and supportive, with high expectations for both staff and students. To thrive in our environment, you will need to be resilient, positive, able to work autonomously, have a strong work ethic, and put our learners at the heart of everything you do.
Suitable candidates will hold an IT or business-related degree and have a minimum GCSE Level of 9-4 (or equivalent) in English and Maths. You’ll be expected to deal with complex data and systems on a daily basis and should be able to demonstrate:
- Previous customer service experience, even if this isn’t from an IT setting
- A methodical approach, plus ability to plan, prioritise and manage your own workload
- Strong technical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to challenge the status-quo and think laterally
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and in particular Word and Excel
- The ability to document processes and procedures in a clear, concise and logical manner
- A strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills – both oral and written
The ideal candidate will have some experience with SQL and an understanding of data management systems and reporting.
The position is suitable for a new graduate looking for the first role in their career or someone with up to two years’ experience in a similar role. You’ll learn on the job working with senior colleagues to seize opportunities, develop your knowledge and gain a level 4 apprenticeship as a Data Analyst.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that it is college policy that referees of short-listed candidates will automatically be approached prior to interview. One reference should be from your current or most recent employer.
The College operates on 2 campuses – Warrington and Winsford.
Please click here to complete your application. Please note, you will now be redirected to the FE Jobs website to apply to work at Warrington & Vale Royal College.
`Warrington and Vale Royal College is committed to Equal Opportunities and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our learners’