Enrolment is the process that all students go through to register onto a course. Following enrolment, you will officially become a student of Warrington & Vale Royal College.

Prior to enrolment, you will have had an interview and/or assessment with teaching staff to make sure that the course you have chosen is right for you.

What documents do I need for enrolment?

You will need the following documents to enrol onto your course, so please don’t forget to bring along:

  • Completed enrolment form which you will get when you come in to enrol – this needs to have been signed by the tutor or a member of staff in Learner Services.
  • Photographic ID i.e. Passport, driving license, bus pass or work identification – we will accept a birth certificate and recent utility bill if you have no photographic ID.
  • If you are an EEA national, we will need evidence of pre-settled or settled status in the form of a digital share code.
  • If you are paying for your course we accept cash, cheque or credit/debit cards.
  • If your employer is covering the course fees you will need to provide this information on company letterhead so we can invoice them direct. Please ask your employer to quote a purchase order number.

Remember, your place on a course is not secure until you have enrolled and any fees or funding has been received by the College.

Paying for your course

You will be able to pay for your course in full by credit/debit card, cash or by cheque made payable to ‘Warrington & Vale Royal College’.

If you are in receipt of any benefits, please bring evidence of this with you. You may be entitled to fee remission dependent on your age and if you are in receipt of a benefit. a £25 admin will apply.  If you have to pay for your course, you will need to make a payment on enrolment. If you would like to pay by instalments, you will need to bring your bank details to enable us to set up a standing order.

If your annual income is below £17,374.50 (£19, 305 if you reside in a Liverpool City Region Combined Authority) you may be eligible for fee remission, this will be dependent on the course you are studying. We will require a copy of you last 3 payslips P60 or contract of employment.

Paying in instalments

If you course fee is over £100, then you can pay in instalments via standing order providing an agreement is completed at the time of enrolment. The duration of the course will determine the maximum number of instalments over which fees can be paid (maximum 8 instalments). The full fee must be paid before the course is completed.

You will be required to pay the first instalment at enrolment. Evidence of bank details must be presented at the time of enrolment, without these documents no instalment plan can be completed.

If your employer is paying your fees you will need to bring a letter from them on headed paper stating clearly the full title of the course, course fees, purchase order number and who should be invoiced.

If you’re aged 19 or over and are studying a level 3 qualification or above, you may qualify for an Advanced Learning Loan. These loans help you to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England. If the course is eligible you will receive a Learning and Funding Agreement Letter with your invitation to enrol. You can find further information on Advanced Learning Loans on www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.

Student Card

After enrolment all students are supplied with a student card. Your student card will be used for security purposes on the college campus whilst also giving you access to the library and services. Your student card also needs to be shown as proof of identity when undertaking any exams.

You must wear your student card at all times whilst on college premises.


The College reserves the right to cancel any course because there is an insufficient number of students enrolled, or for any other operational reason, and in such cases tuition and, where appropriate, registration fees will be refunded to those enrolled. However, where possible, customers will be offered an alternative day/time/venue or an alternative course.

Students who enrol early and wish to withdraw before the start of the course are entitled to a refund providing the request is received by the College in writing at least five working days before the scheduled start date, a £30 admin fee will be applied.

Once the course has started, refunds will not normally be given, although a credit note may be issued where considered appropriate; requests for refunds relating to exceptional, personal circumstances must be made in writing, to Quality@wvr.ac.uk stating clearly the reason for the request.

Liability of Fees

You become liable for the cost of the course five working days prior to the start date, for further information please refer to our tuition fees procedure.